tEC users, this page is a stub. For live access, please launch tEC and use its downloadable "browsing application".
- The second edition will become available starting in September 2006 and be completed before year end.
- The table of content, given below subject to revision, maintains compatibility with the first edition. Please forgive any ungainly aspect.
- Access is free of charge on the condition to be a tEC user. Use of MS Explorer is required to enforce this condition.
- University and college professors interested in using the material in support of their teaching are welcome to request an invitation to use tEC.
As tEC users, they will in turn be free to invite their own students to use tEC in order to access the material.
Table of Content: (for current links to all sources, see updated first edition)
- I . Issues of Identity: who's who ?
- I-1 Identity Theft
- I-2 Credit Fraud
- I-3 Ambush Marketing
- II . Issues of Ownership: whose's that ?
- II-1 Handling of Medical Records
- II-2 Marketing Campaigns
- II-3 International Data & Safe Harbors
- II-4 Surveillance
- II-5 Viral Marketing
- II-B . Issues of Location: where is it ?
- II-B-1 Internet Searching
- II-B-2 Internet Matching
- III . Defense: on the side of the law
- III-1 Protecting Digital Information
- III-2 Storing and Disposing of Digital Information
- III-3 Distributing Digital Information
- III-4 Recommending Digital Information
- IV . Offense: the dark side
- stealing time from receivers
- IV-1 Spamming
- IV-1-b Search Salting
- blocking access to senders
- IV-2 Denial of Service
- IV-2-b Censorship
- falsifying the context
- IV-3 Ownership: copying
- IV-3-b Provenance: plagiarism & forgery
- IV-3-c Attention: advertising fraud